Sunday 12 January 2014

Today's Picks: Favouite Makeup Items





These are my favourite makeup items of the moment! I feel like these products work well together and alone, so let's get down to the details.

This is my Long Lasting Liquid Foundation by Ralo. Ralo is a South African cosmetics company that make really high quality, affordable (and I mean super affordable) products. I have to rave about this product! It's quite a light-weight, medium coverage foundation that comes in a plastic bottle with a pump, and it lasts on the skin absolutely all day! It's really easy to blend into the skin with fingers or a brush and leaves a beautiful, natural finish. It also has a really lovely, light scent. I have oily skin and I find that I hardly ever have to touch up this product. The shade range is awesome for darker skin tones (seeing as Ralo is a South African company, the foundations cater well for African skin). However, people with fair skin my struggle to find a match - I wear the Ivory shade, but my skin tone is more of a Mediterranean light olive. I will point out that not all of the shades are available online. Anyway, some shades can be found here.

This little trooper is my Catrice Cover Stick in the shade 020 Natural Beige. This product has a thick, creamy consistency and is great for covering spots, scars and redness. I would not use this under the eyes, as it creases quite badly. Click here to see Catrice products online.

Two of my more recent purchases! When I saw that Clicks was now stocking Wet 'n' Wild products, I had to try some! First on my list was the Color Icon Petal Pusher Palette. This stuff is gorgeous! Going from top to bottom on the left and then the right, the colours are a slightly pink-toned matte white, a matte lilac, a matte darker purple, a sparkly blue-toned purple, a super shimmery pale pink, a beautiful nude-ish mauve, a glittery deep plum, and a sparkly black. So many looks can be completed with this product! I love wearing the mauve all over my lid, and the plum and black shades work wonderfully as liners as well.

Next we have the Wet 'n' Wild MegaImpact Mascara. This mascara is simply gorgeous! While it's not the blackest mascara, it coats each lash evenly, adds length and volume, and (best of all) it separates the lashes like no other mascara I've tried. I love how full and defined my lashes look when I use this. The wand is quite fat, but the formula is pretty dry, so I don't have any trouble when applying the mascara. For an every-day, all-purpose mascara, this one is fabulous! Check out Wet 'n' Wild products here.

Ralo again! Need I mention how much I love this brand? This is the 5 Colour Eye Shadow in number 20. Ralo's eye shadows are absolutely amazing! I've tried so many of them, and they are all creamy, blendable, pigmented and long-lasting. I like this little palette the most because it has great every-day colours and can also be used for a more dramatic, colourful look. From left to right, we have a white, baby pink, taupe, dark grey, and cool-toned dark pink, all of which are shimmery. I specifically bought this palette to replicate a look by Kayleigh Noelle on YouTube! Here are links to Kayleigh's channel and her makeup look. This Ralo palette can be found here. I'm also going to mention that ALL of Ralo's 5 Colour palettes have beautifully coordinated colous.

This next friend of mine is my absolute staple, every-day favourite lip gloss. Meet the Woolworths Lips Plump & Pout Gloss in the colour Apricot Smoothie. This shiny gloss has a thick consistency and the colour is a lovely nude-peach with a little bit of gold sparkle. It's one of those tingly glosses with a menthol type of feel and a pleasantly sweet scent. Most (if not all) of Woolworths beauty products are approved by Beauty without Cruelty. Product info on this gloss can be found here.


This product I have dubbed the "Queen of the Lipsticks"; I don't think I can express in words how much I love it! This is the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in number 01. The colour is a lovely, cool-toned dark red that, in my opinion, is perfect for any season. The product is creamy and ultra long-lasting with a pleasant scent. I've worn this lipstick through meals and it only had to be ever so slightly touched up. Also, the packaging is gorgeous! A sleek, black, sturdy tube with a little pop of red, who wouldn't love that?

Out of all of my blushes, I think this one is the most versatile. This is the Ralo Blusher in number 6. It's a classic pink colour that can be built up from a slight, rosy flush to a dramatic, dark pink. This is my favourite blush for stage (I dance) because I can get that great, dark colour out of it. I can't help but appreciate this beautiful packaging! The little black strip with silver writing and snowflake detail is so pretty, and the pan makes a very satisfying "snap!" when closed. I don't think this particular blush is available online, but check out some of the others here.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my favourite makeup products. I'd really like to know if anyone has tried these items! Leave me a comment telling me what you think of them if you have. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment